A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: Responsible for monitoring performance, quality, and cost of domestic and international shipments performed by freight forwarders, carriers and couriers. Analyzes business needs and identifies logistical/financial opportunities that will improve and or reduce costs associated with domestic and international transportation. Ensures the execution and continuous improvement of standard logistics processes. Build reputation within transportation to be a trusted advisor to the internal business partners for transportation / logistics
Effectively partner with all internal / external clients to ensure all functions are performing at established levels of performance
Builds relations with strategic customers through logistics initiatives. Must work effectively with internal and external partners responsible for executing daily shipping and receiving operations and freight payment activities.
Position is located in Milwaukee, WI
- Perform detailed analysis of carrier service levels on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis. Oversee the performance of transport business partners including level of service, capacity, systems, and contract compliance through Quarterly Management Reviews including development of standardized templates, scorecards, and metrics in order to drive data integrity to ensure high performing partnerships.
- Prepare and present analytics and cost studies in support of carrier negotiations and rate proposals.
- Prepare Cost/Benefit analysis for operations modeling projects.
- Perform transportation network optimization studies
- Drives least cost transportation methodologies by analyzing company needs, researching transportation methods and auditing carrier cost and performance. Provide support and identify strategies to improve service while minimizing freight spend. Develop strategic partnerships with transportation carriers, including enhanced partnerships with regional carriers. Develop policies and procedures to support implementation of regional carriers offering the best service at the most economical price and most effective terms.
- Provide analytical support for cost and quality impact of proposed lane, rate, or regulation changes.
- Partner with shipping sites to support carrier handling of domestic and international shipments. Works closely with sites as well as procurement team, buyers, and suppliers to ensure Compliance to routing expectations is met. Addresses non-compliance as needed to avoid recurrence.
- Participate in design and establishment of new procedures, and make suggestions for improvement of existing processes of methods.
- Collaborate effectively with internal customers, suppliers and other functions within the business
- Troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis, and develop corrective actions for transportation related issues
- Monitor industry trends and consult with industry peers to keep abreast of changes affecting transportation
- Demonstrate adaptability and openness to change
- Demonstrate a high standard of ethics and integrity
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree; Preference in logistics or related field
- 3+ years work experience in areas of logistics and / or transportation.
- Working knowledge of U.S. Export and Customs regulations, import/export documentation and recordkeeping.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office applications and database
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.