A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The successful candidate will perform hands-on tasks to manage and maintain Merck’s Office 365 tenants and related technologies. Merck’s Office 365 infrastructure is utilized across the globe; in this role the Administrator will maintain hybrid connections to Office 365 and manage Office 365 tenant. Additional focus of this position will involve extensive collaboration with platform teams, cloud providers, and internal stakeholders to align requirements. This position will be part of our global Digital Workplace team.
- Manage and monitor Office 365 services and hybrid infrastructure.
- Document changes to the systems using change management best practices.
- Maintain security and compliance through proper configuration and system access, monitoring, and technical policies.
- Assist with mergers and acquisitions and associated transfer of data in and out of the cloud platform.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with user and device access to cloud services.
- Maintains alignment with cloud providers of upcoming changes to the platform to assist with accessing impacts to features, compliance and the end user.
- Monitor and communicate to stakeholders the performance of the services.
- Ensure service delivery meets the business requirements (based on defined SLAs).
- Deliver a consistent process for incident and problem escalation along with resolution in line with the sourcing governance framework.
- Assist with the creation of policies around the proper use of Office 365 services and support.
- Collaborate with other IT staff, including networking, security, and data center operation teams, to facilitate effective issue resolution.
- Think globally and works together across departments and geographies, encouraging teamwork that respects diverse backgrounds and cultural differences to drive results.
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and it’s interaction with Active Directory.
- Knowledge of Office 365 applications Teams/Yammer/Groups/Video/Delve/Power BI.
- Knowledge of Skype for Business, O365 capabilities, and interaction with hybrid enterprise voice installation
- Practical experience with policy configuration in Azure and O365 to ensure compliance and appropriate security controls are enabled
- Experience managing and troubleshooting directory sync into Azure AD.
- Supporting the sync and sharing of large volumes of data with OneDrive.
- Advanced skills managing Office 365 using PowerShell to execute administrative tasks
- Experience with Azure AD user management both for Office 365 and third-party services.
- Strong understanding in managing user authentication through global ADFS.
- Experience with managing secure environments using MFA, DLP, RM and encryption.
- License management, exporting, and communicating usage trends usage through Office 365 reporting.
- Understanding of firewall requirements required for all Office 365 functions.
- Deep understanding of supporting Office desktop applications.
- Support of Office 365 mobile applications.
- Thorough working knowledge and ability to troubleshoot all networking related issues (DNS, Routing, Network Protocols, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to understand and manage Information Security topics related to the cloud environment as well as Information Protection solutions.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- 7+ years of Microsoft Office 365 administration experience.
- Experienced and well versed in all Microsoft environments such Exchange and Skype (on premise/online) administration, Azure, Active Directory, & Windows Server Administration.
- Considerable knowledge of managing Office 365 and other related cloud solutions.
- Experience in supporting users of Office 365 globally.
- Ability to create advanced PowerShell scripts to schedule repeatable Office 365 actions.
- Advanced knowledge of migrating data and services between Office 365 tenants.
- Ability to multitask using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Mature and self-motivated professional able to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Capability to work as an effective member of a global team.
- Ability to relate the goals of IT service delivery to business goals.
- A focus on customer satisfaction and high-quality service delivery, with strong interpersonal skills and responsiveness.
- Ability to travel domestic and Internationally between 5% - 10%.
This position can be located in the Greater Boston, MA, Branchburg, NJ, or St. Louis, MO areas.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.