A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
An exciting opportunity to join a high-performing Antibody Discovery and Protein Engineering team. You will contribute to our early Discovery projects portfolio through High Throughput (HT) Screening of antibodies from single B-cell cloning or yeast display, and of engineered biotherapeutic candidates from protein engineering design-test cycles.
In addition, you will contribute to optimization and characterization of biotherapeutics through the entire research pipeline, from early discovery to preparation of lead candidates for development into the clinic.
- Develop and implement biochemical binding, competition, expression and functional assays
- Apply automation systems for HT screening processes and automated sample preparation
- Effectively operate a range of laboratory instrumentation and recommend modifications / upgrades
- Improve our antibody discovery and protein engineering capabilities to the next level, with your ideas and testing of new Discovery and Biotherapeutic approaches
- Present concepts, experimental results, conclusions, and future plans clearly and in context for larger organizational goals to the department and project teams
Who you are:
- Preferred: PhD (Biology, Immunology, Biochemistry, or related field), or masters (related research field) with 5+ years of experience
- Required: Bachelor’s degree with 3+ plus years of experience or master’s degree
- Experience in antibody and Biologics Discovery and Screening preferred
- Experience with automation equipment for liquid handling and assays preferred (Tecan, Caliper, automated ELISA, Envision, others)
- Demonstrated experience in taking initiative and interest in learning new technologies
- Interpersonal skills essential for teamwork and to effectively work with colleagues
- Publication records an asset
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.