A career with EMD Performance Materials is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: The Distribution Operator will be responsible for processing customer orders for both internal and external customers. Required to load and unload various types of trucks and ocean containers with hazardous and non-hazardous materials. Must become DOT, IATA and IMO certified for hazardous shipments. The Distribution Operator will be required to skillfully operate Forklifts and Jockey Trucks on a daily basis. Other general warehouse duties as designated by Management and/or Lead Operator. Distribution Operator may also be trained in the Repack Dept to perform back-up duties when needed.
Who You Are:
- A High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to pass Forklift and Jockey Truck Operator Course
- Must become certified in DOT, IMO and IATA Haz-Mat training
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must have Forklift certification / experience
- Must have Shipping / Warehouse experience
- Knowledge of Hazardous shipping requirements
- SAP knowledge preferred
- Must be able to work in cold and hot environments
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders.
- Be able to stay on your feet most of the day .
- Must be able to lift up to 60lbs repeatedly during the course of the work day
- Must be able to work: Wednesday through Sunday, 40 hours, predominantly day shift, but flexible hours
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.