A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This position provides advanced administrative support to member(s) of the US Medical Leadership Team (MLT) and basic support for the US Medical department, including: calendar management; travel and logistics and expenses; proactively plan for and execute on all the US MLT member(s) support needs; proactively provide a high-level of administrative support with the utmost professionalism, engagement and confidentiality. This position also provides a high-level of HCP engagement support to the MLT and their direct reports, including: proactively plan for and execute on all US Medical programs with a high emphasis on HCP engagements, Advisory Boards, Steering Committees, Journal Clubs and individual HCP Consulting engagements, while ensuring compliance with all EMD Serono’s applicable policies and procedures. This position also includes support for vendor contracting and purchase order management.
Who you are:
- High School diploma required, Bachelor's degree (preferred)
- Minimum 10 plus years of related professional experience supporting senior-level management
- Previous project management experience a plus
- Profiency in MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proficiency in database management
- Knowledge of SAP strongly preferred
- Ability to work in an intense, fast-paced, matrixed, multinational work environment
- Ability to communicate via multiple media (phone, Skype, email, mobile, text)
- Proven experience and examples of developing and maintaining relationships across functions and across cultures
- Must be able to be flexible with work schedule in order to accommodate the varying volume of work and requests
- Overtime may be required
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.