A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Based on a strong understanding of current and anticipating future customer, market and regulatory needs, the Technical Manager, Greater China for Global Field Technical Services is responsible for providing scientific excellence for the Greater China Biologics customer. He/She will identify emerging products, technology trends, custom requirements and champion custom activities that will grow the business from the Asia Pacific region. The job holder performs duties independently whilst working in collaboration with global teams including UK and US Field Technical Services, Testing R & D, Operations, Sales & Marketing, and Quality Assurance. The Technical Manager reports to the Global Head of Field Technical Services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Act as the technical expert in the Biologics CLC, LRT and VC areas for the BioReliance China customers, providing scientific and technical thought leadership directly to the client. Act as the scientific support for clients; providing technical input into relevant programs with ongoing scientific support with custom projects and ensure scientific and technical solutions meet current regulatory expectations
- Support to Sales and Operations for major customer acquisitions by providing scientific and regulatory support, generate custom proposals to win new orders. Owns the scientific and regulatory relationship with key clients.
- Must have multi-scientific knowledge: Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Virology, Immunoassays and work closely with other Field Technical Services representatives
- Understand regulatory direction for specific regulatory agencies in AP region, with focus in CFDA, but ensure knowledge and understanding of global regulatory needs
- Monitor industry trends to ensure that Merck BioReliance remains at the forefront of scientific advancements in the field of Biologics; review and recommend potential technical developments to wider business
- Interact proactively and productively with colleagues within the global commercial team and senior leadership team
- Act as scientific thought leader for the BioReliance business in the Greater China region
Who you are:
- Ph.D. in Life Sciences relevant scientific field or equivalent experience.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience, ideally balanced in biologics development and/or manufacturing, quality and technical operations within a global, multi-site environment.
- Relevant industry experience in a pharmaceutical, biologics and/ or medical device environment is required. Experience within a regulated environment and ability to interact effectively with regulatory agencies.
- Strong interpersonal experience with a demonstrated ability to lead and influence teams and individuals is required
- Strong negotiating skills required. As “voice of the expert”, provide effective communication and working relationships with customers.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills in both English and Chinese (or equivalent Asian language)
- Demonstrates strong client facing skills
- Willingness to work on weekends, and off hours
Functional area: Strategy & Business Development
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com