A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others
We are currently strengthening the Data Science team within our Digital Business Unit, which drives the digital transformation for globally and across business divisions – leveraging cutting edge technology to reach new customers, improve operational efficiency, and to create entirely new business models.
The Data Engineering Intern (m/f) is expected to contribute to the implementation and deployment of our analytics and machine learning projects. The main project work is in Python using standard deep learning libraries such as Keras / Tensorflow or on a propriertary Hadoop stack using PySpark. The deployment will happen on an in-house HPC, the aformentioned hadoop stack or a standard AWS stack. She/he is expected to have some experience in these areas and is eager to learn more while working on exciting real-world applications. The duration of the internship is 3 – 6 months and the internship is full-time.
The company offers candidates the opportunity to boost their career, working in an interdisciplinary high-performance team that is focused on innovation in the intersection of business, mathematics and digital technology.
This offer includes:
- Independent contribution to data science projects with a high degree of responsibility and self-dependency
- Opportunity to expand your skills in a scientific, technical and business dimension at the same time
- Intellectual challenge to solve some of the most complex problems in the industry
Who you are:
- Pursuing you MSc in Computer Science or a similar field
- A track record of interesting software projects preferably in the field of data analytics, machine learning or deployments on cloud stacks (e.g. Google Compute or AWS)
- Technical experience is required in at least some of the following areas:
- Programming: Python, R, Java
- Cloud Stacks: Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform
- Analytics / ML Stacks: Keras, Tensorflow, Spark
What we offer: At the company there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!