A career at Our Company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Job Description of Data Architect, Application Management,
Digital Solution & Data Architecture
Merck China IT team is looking for an Data Architect of Application Technology who needs to be highly motivated, experienced and disciplined individual to play an important role in Shanghai, Merck Holding China.
This Data Architect will report to the head of application management, Merck China IT Department and take responsible for digital solution, data architecture and advance analytics on Sales & Marketing, commercial, business operation, supply chain and back-office departments. Specifically, this position is focus on IT data related technology, improving and streamline business operation, manage and coordinate the digital technical initiatives aligning with local & global standard, implement solution under global strategy, work closely with BP team on delivering digital & Analytic solutions. He/she should have strong self-study capability, can work independently, and was expected to work beyond below accountabilities.
- Owns the responsibility for the adoption of digital & data technologies across all business of Merck China.
- Deliver country level data platflom align with global data stratey.
- Deliver country level advance analytic projects, provide data architect & technical consultancy for various business initiatives, build prototype to enable data driven business.
- Drive operational excellence, define continuous improvement around data governance for China, define reusable data pipelines while ensuring delivery meets Merck standards
- Accountable for incident management, problem management, and change management
- Manage delivery partners to optimize service levels and performance.
- Communicate, coordinate and implement the Global analytic solution/platform for local business case.
- Find, guide and train business unit about the business case on digital aspect and data analytics.
- Solid knowledge of digital solution, data architect & advance analytic technology
- Analytical prowess on statistics, mathematics, computer science and data visualization
- Combine with analytical skills with “hand-on” intellectual curiosity, creativity & agility. “Hacker” mentality on hands-on testing and learning
- Business analysis on business/technical knowledge, problem diagnosis and business insight
- Strong organization information management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT Systems Life Cycle best practices
- Strong communication and team dynamic skills
- Ability to drive results effectively, collaboratively and independently
- Demonstrated ability managing risks and finding creative solutions to difficult problems
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English
Education Minimum Requirement:
- B.S. degree is required. Major in Information Management/Compute Science or related area is preferred.
Desired Experience, Certifications:
- 5+ experience on program using the Java, Python, SQL Server, unstructured DB, Cloud application and other big data related technology
- 3+ years’ experience in corporate data warehouse & ETL, data pipeline and data analytics.
- 3+ years’ experience in Program/Project Management working in globalized environment, especially on supply chain and market channel
- Experience on R, or any predict analytic tools, eg. SPSS, SAP PA……
- Experience developing/managing projects and solid business knowledge within pharmaceutical/life science industry, project experience on digital system and surroundings.
- Advanced degree(s) or certifications in Project or Services Portfolio Management (i.e. PMP or ITIL) are not a must but a plus
- Experience on CMM or ISO 9001, 20000, 27001 is a plus
Location and Travel:
Base location is Shanghai. Travel is expected but not significant for this position. Estimated travel is less than 10%.
What we offer: At Our Company, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!