A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
- Manage the new product development process through utilization of project management best practices to ensure customer, time, quality, and cost requirements are met.
- Work independently with considerable latitude to establish priorities, activities, and specific direction given to the project team toward meeting project completion dates.
- Provide clear communication of the overall scope, timing, funding requirements, and resource analysis. Clearly communicates overall deliverables to all team members and provides clear, frequent and effective communication to key stakeholders in a matrix environment.
- Develop and manage an overall plan that integrates key activities of all functions associated with design, development, validation, and commercialization of projects.
- Define and assign roles, responsibilities, and accountabilities to support assigned projects. Initiate and maintain overall project documentation.
- Work within Millipore Sigma product development processes (PDP) and champion these processes within the organization.
- Through collaboration with project team identify project risks, including probability and impact, and develop mitigation and contingency plans to minimize risk impact throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manage project scope, new product design specifications, and change control process.
- Initiate, develop, and lead the cross-functional project teams from product concept to commercialization, through to lessons learned and closeout of project.
- Continually explores new avenues for improving product development cycle times and the overall quality of the output
- Actively participates and supports the development / build of the Process Solutions Project Management Organization globally.
- Some travel required.
Who you are:
- BS degree / equivalent plus 9-12 years or MS plus 7 years experience in life sciences, chemistry, engineering, business or related field; 5 years experience in project management in a matrix organization; Project Management education, training, and / or PMP certification highly desirable.
- Previous experience working on teams with external customers highly desired.
- Work naturally well in a team environment, exhibit strong team leadership, provide motivation, inspiration, and vision to the teams and is able to facilitate high performing teams and decision making based on what’s best for the business.
- Has clear understanding of the business objectives, recognizes trade-offs and keep decisions in balance with good judgment
- Appropriate background and experience for understanding the project content.
- Knowledge of project management principles including proficient use of project management tools and software such as MS Project and other collaborative systems.
- Ability and willingness to work in a global cross-functional project
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to manage and communicate across boundaries, build cross-functional collaboration, and influence without direct authority
- Ability to successfully communicate/interact at all levels in the organization. Ability to prepare and conduct regular management reviews and provide updates at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to lead complex projects and deliver them to a successful conclusion.
- Ability to identify critical issues from varying points of view and make timely quality decisions.
- The individual will be self-motivated with a strong desire to drive for / deliver results.
- Strong leader, able to motivate people to meet their commitments
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!