A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: This key position is responsible for leading and coaching a team in a high energy, dynamic, fast paced environment focused on delivering best-in-class customer service and sales support for EMD Millipore (MilliporeSigma) core business operations. Our Supervisors identify opportunities for improvement not just in our team members, but also in our delivery strategy, processes, policies, training, reference materials, systems, measurements and coaching. The scope of this position may include managing any of the following functions: sales support administration, telephone representatives, logistics, expediting, key accounts, customer concerns, sales escalations.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Plan short term individual and team goals and objectives in support of achieving stated departmental and Corporate goals and objectives.
- Manage individual and team performance to deliver better customer service to customers and internal partners throughout the order to fulfillment cycle.
- Direct people, time and tasks in accordance with quality, safety, HR, compliance and budget requirements and policies.
- Coach staff to help them gain greater competence and overcome barriers to improving performance, and create an environment that fosters innovative ideas and opportunities.
- Train team members on the proficiency, skills, corporate values and culture initiative to perform their job professionally.
- Develop employees through regular guidance, development planning and performance feedback; work with manager on Individual Development Plan, and remain current with EMD Millipore (MilliporeSigma) and Life Sciences industry market demands.
- Communicate regularly with teams, management and Sales Support leadership regarding standards, strategies, issues, changes, and opportunities.
- Act as point of contact for Sales escalations.
- Target process improvements and lead project work when relevant.
- Measure service levels, order accuracy, and productivity and use performance based analytics to measure continuous workforce improvements.
Who You Are:
- B.S. Business Management, Operations or Logistics is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years related experience is required.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word etc.) is required.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Experience in at least one functional area is preferred: Sales Support, Customer Service, Accounts Receivable and/or Collections, Distribution, Technical Support, Operations, Supply Chain and/or Logistics.
- Demonstrated people management experience is preferred.
- Business knowledge of other areas such as Supply Chain, Operations, Collections, Finance, Sales & Marketing, E-Commerce B2B is preferred.
- Proven analytics and qualitative measurement exposure to determine trends and make corrective adjustments to shifts in economic conditions.
- Proven ability to provide best in class customer and sales focus and ensure the teams provide customer and sales satisfaction by meeting/exceeding metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, manage time, projects and resources effectively to achieve business results.
- Experience in effectively multitasking in a fast-paced environment with multiple interruptions.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in effectively communicating business strategies and providing leadership direction to meet or exceed business objectives.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills through positive and transparent interaction with direct reports and all levels of management to encourage open sharing of ideas and feedback.
- Demonstrated experience with Management tools, Web Based Order Management Systems and Oracle/SAP preferred.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.