A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Position: Sales Development Specialist – Upstream
Upstream SD Regional Manager
Merck Life Science
Purpose: To leverage the technical expertise and assist sales teams in seeding / converting upstream business opportunities in the market. Solving the customer’s technical queries and support them in developing the product to drive growth of the upstream product portfolio and achieve the organizational goals.
Scope of Responsibility: Expert in exceeding the assigned growth targets for upstream product portfolio. Partner with regional & key account managers and assist them for joint visits to customers for technical discussions and opportunity qualification. Develop strategies for responsible accounts and ideate new methodologies to ensure growth of the upstream business. Understand and analyze the market trends and industry expectations to accelerate growth. Develop relationships with industry experts, decision makers and key drivers to ensure sustainability and progression of the business
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide technical assistance to sales team to convert leads into opportunities and win projects on technical, technological & process application expertise
- Liaise with respective stakeholders in the organization to help qualify leads, develop offerings to win commercial business
- Drive new product introductions at the customers, decision makers and opinion leaders
- Forecasting the customer’s requirements on a quarterly basis and assist sales teams to ensure business growth is achieved
- Achieve product seeding targets and track projects and developmental activities at customer sites on a regular basis
Who you are:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent qualification in Biotechnology; Doctorate will be an added advantage.
- 3 - 5 years of industry experience in Sales Development or Product Management role in promoting Upstream portfolio for biopharmaceutical applications OR 3 - 5 years of technical laboratory experience in an upstream bioprocessing application
- Technical knowledge on biotech applications with specialization on Upstream Bioprocess technologies
- Verbal and written communication in fluent English
- Willingness to travel to assist the sales team with the technical expertise will be required
Knowledge and Skills:
• Action-oriented with a high-level drive for results and passion to drive business in a competitive environment
• Goal oriented and self-motivated individual with capability to work in cross functional manner and multicultural environment
• Good interpersonal skills with excellent communication skills to liaise and strengthen relationship with internal peers and external customers
• Able to take decisions, drive projects and track development of molecule pipeline at customer’s end
• Develop strategies and marketing collaterals to promote existing and new products in the upstream portfolio
• Strong practical product knowledge accompanied with relevant technical skills along with a good understanding of our products, applications, technologies, competition, trends and processes
Functional area: Strategy & Business Development
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com