A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: An exciting new opportunity has arisen to join us as MSAT Associate Manager USP/DSP (m/f). Within the MSAT group (Manufacturing Science And Technology) of our Aubonne site, this newly created role will entail the management of a group of 8 scientists and technicians expert in upstream and downstream processing for supporting the lifecycle of marketed biologics. Reporting to the MSAT Manager, you will supervise, coach and develop your USP/DSP team and facilitate the interactions with the project managers of the MSAT group. You will have the opportunity to optimize and monitor the efficiency of the laboratory setups and activities from design, execution until report writing. The studies performed by your team will address process validation, process optimisation and process troubleshooting to ensure uninterrupted supply with product of the highest quality. In that respect, mammalian cell culture experiments in flasks and in small scale bioreactors (3 to 40 liters), and bench to pilot scale purification will be performed. In addition, you will ensure laboratory documentation and staff learning dossiers are up to date and aligned with the vision of the MSAT future. You will review advanced data analysis, protocols and reports. You will foster a strong collaboration with the manufacturing team to appreciate their constraints and propose process improvement opportunities.
Who you are:
- PhD or Master’s degree in biotechnology / bioengineering or equivalent with at least 5 or 8 years of relevant experience, respectively
- Past experience in people management required
- Hands on experience in the field of recombinant protein production in USP and/or DSP
- Ease and appetite to work in laboratory environment
- Deep knowledge (theoretical and practical) of upstream processing for biologics manufacturing, ideally in process development and GMP settings
- Knowledge and hands on use of statistical analysis (ANOVA, DOE, MVA) would be a plus
- Languages : French and English (oral and writting)
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!