A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role provides advanced business operations support to a subset of the Clinical Trial Management (CTM) Leadership Team and for other colleagues of the local (US) Global Clinical Trial Management Team driving towards administrative excellence for the department. Proactively plan for and execute on all the business management needs of the assigned leadership team member(s); providing the highest quality administrative support with professionalism and customer service orientation, engagement confidentiality, and requiring exercise of judgment and initiative.
Lead and provide recommendations regarding planning and execution of meetings, globally and locally; setting new standards for meeting excellence. Act as the voice and face of the assigned leader(s) always presenting with the highest level of engagement, professionalism, courtesy and customer service; becoming a trusted member of the function as well as the broader organization. Interact with high-level contacts and reflect a positive image of the CTM organization in internal and external communication.
Apply superior administrative and organizational skills to the Global Clinical Trial Management Team supporting organizational planning for the department across sites and geographies. Assisting with process improvement initiatives, development of policy and procedures, and tools across all sites within Global Clinical Operations.
- Provide advanced administrative support to the assigned Clinical Trial Management (CTM) Leadership and basic support for the local (Billerica/Rockland) Global Clinical Trial Management team.
- Understand how the team integrates with other teams to achieve overall objectives on behalf of the business.
- Responsible for understanding the scope and content of ongoing programs that the Global Clinical Trial Management team is involved in and assisting with projects where necessary, while simultaneously, prioritizing and managing multiple projects to ensure follow-through on issues in a timely manner.
- Resolve problems of limited complexity by identifying and providing solutions through the application of knowledge and acquired technical experience and the analysis of information.
- Interface on behalf of the CTM Leadership Team member(s) with high-level contacts, internal and external, regarding confidential and highly important matters.
- Respond to inquiries from callers and visitors and exercise discretion in releasing information and providing assistance.
- Responsible for heavy calendar management requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and their assistants as well as third party stakeholders and industry partners to coordinate a variety of complex executive meetings and events.
- Provide administrative support for special projects or assignments of a complex nature. Effectively manage assigned projects. Plan and coordinate project scheduling, budgeting, and administrative tasks. Support by facilitating project logistics such as meetings, conference rooms, conference calls, etc.
- Coordinate complex travel arrangements both international and domestic.
- Ensure deadline delivery for (e.g. team meeting agendas/minutes, periodic team reports, etc)
- Assist in design, development and preparation of presentation materials including, but not limited to, high-level PowerPoint presentation graphics and content arrangement often intended for executive management or external partners. Maintain a library of such graphics, templates and formats. Presentation work also involves notebook design and assembly along with other materials associated with the presentation.
- Compile, prepare and distribute reports, presentations and materials, as required, in a timely and accurate manner. Such documents are typically of a complex, detailed or sophisticated nature.
- Compose and/or type correspondence, memorandum and other documents requiring knowledge of CTM leadership views, philosophy, and some understanding of technical matters.
- Coordinate meeting, travel and lodging arrangements including planning of offsite dinners and meetings. Maintain appointment calendar. Complete expense reports for reimbursement.
- Track external vendor/consultant contracts/billing/payment for assigned CTM leader(s). Route documents through internal process and obtain necessary signatures in a timely/efficient manner.
- Develop and maintain a confidential, centralized filing system which is linked to computer network filing structure
- Collaborate with internal parties at all levels to gather information and prepare reports as per the executives needs
- Pro-actively identify corrective action needs or process improvements
- Act as communication support person within CTM in alignment with CTM Leadership; may analyze internal communication needs, identifiy and implement communication deliverables
- Act as interface to other departments concerning operational activities
- Maintain and continually develop own expertise in clinical operations processes by attending appropriate training measures, and by self-managed learning
- Attend all Administrative Excellence meetings and events
Who you are:
- High school diploma or equivalent with 5 plus years of experience required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 10+ plus years of increasing responsibility and related professional experience supporting senior-level management in a fast-paced global and matrixed environment strongly preferred
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
- Experience with maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive or proprietary information
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills - written, oral and listening; ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contact persons
- Ability to work in teams within an international/global, fast-paced, and growing environment
- Demonstrated ability to think beyond the confines of own function; consider interfaces, understand need for and actively foster cross-functional cooperation
- Highly self-motivated and proactive
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.