A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role provides advanced business operational support to the Head of Global Clinical Operations (GCO) and for other colleagues of the Global Clinical Operations Leadership Team driving administrative excellence for the department. Proactively plan for and execute on management needs of the Head of GCO; providing the highest quality administrative support with professionalism and strong customer service while exercising strong judgment and personal initiative. Lead and provide recommendations regarding planning and execution of meetings, globally and locally; setting new standards for meeting excellence.
As a member of the GCO Leadership team represent the organization appropriately and act as a trusted member of the LT as well as the broader organization. Interacts with high-level stakeholders and reflects a positive image of the GCO Head and organization in internal and external communication. Apply superior administrative and organizational skills to the Global Clinical Operations Leadership Team supporting organizational planning for the department across sites and geographies.
Where assigned, lead process improvement initiatives, policy and procedures development, and communications and their associated strategies across Global Clinical Operations
- Provide advanced administrative support to the Head of Global Clinical Operations and support the logistics and communications of the Global Clinical Operations Leadership Team.
- Understand how the team integrates with other teams to achieve overall objectives on behalf of the business.
- Responsible for understanding the scope and content of ongoing programs that the Global Clinical Operations team is driving and assisting with projects where necessary.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously to ensure follow-through on issues in a timely manner.
- Resolve problems of limited complexity by identifying and providing solutions through the application of knowledge and acquired technical experience and the analysis of information.
- Interface on behalf of the Head of GCO with high-level contacts, internal and external, regarding confidential and important matters.
- Respond to inquiries from callers and visitors and exercise discretion in releasing information and providing assistance.
- Responsible for heavy calendar management requiring interaction with both internal and external senior executives and their assistants as well as third party stakeholders and industry partners to coordinate a variety of complex executive meetings and events.
- Plan and coordinate project scheduling, budgeting, and administrative tasks. Support Head of GCO by facilitating project logistics such as meetings, conference rooms, conference calls, etc.
- Assist in design, development and preparation of presentation materials including, but not limited to, high-level PowerPoint presentation graphics and content arrangement often intended for executive management or external partners. Maintain a library of such graphics, templates and formats.
- Compile, prepare and distribute reports, presentations and materials, as required, in a timely and accurate manner. Such documents are typically of a complex, detailed or sophisticated nature.
- Compose and/or type correspondence, memorandum and other documents requiring knowledge of Head of GCO’s views, philosophy, and some understanding of technical matters; may sign for Head when technical or policy content has been authorized.
- Receive and screen Head of GCO’s calls and correspondence and initiate appropriate follow-up action.
- Track external vendor/consultant contracts/billing/payment for the Head of Global Clinical Operations. Route documents through internal process and obtain necessary signatures in a timely/efficient manner
- Develop and maintain a confidential, centralized filing system which is linked to computer network filing structure
- Process expense reports for the Head of Global Clinical Operations and team ensuring timely submission and accuracy
- Act as liaison to GCO line managers across sites supporting their interests and needs
- Maintain and continually develops own expertise in clinical operations processes by attending appropriate training measures, and by self-managed learning
Who you are:
- High school diploma or equivalent with 5 plus years of experience required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 10+ plus years of increasing responsibility and related professional experience supporting senior-level management in a fast-paced global and matrixed environment strongly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Knowledge of SAP is a plus
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive or proprietary information
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills - written, oral and listening; ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contact persons
- Ability to multitask and to be flexible to work assignments
- Experience working in a matrix of team support and leader support
- Demonstrated ability to think beyond confines of own function; consider interfaces, understand need for and actively foster cross-functional cooperation
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.