A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: Fulfills all aspects of the Study Director role, as outlined in the GLP regulations. Works as a scientific resource in Genetic Toxicology and is responsible for the study design interpretation, and reporting of study results. Interacts with Sponsors or clients to present and interpret results. Serves as primary resource in Genetic Toxicology. Critically analyzes complex data, interprets results, determines project directions based on data analysis. Investigates, creates and develops new methods and technologies for project advancement. Acts as the technical lead for a development project and interfaces with other departments (i.e., Marketing, Business Development, Project Management and/or Operations) to coordinate product development and improvement. Makes contributions to scientific literature and conferences. Prepares technical reports, product summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses. Initiates, directs and executes scientific research and development projects in consultation with the management. Acts as the technical lead on new product development teams and may be the technical expert on multiple projects. To perform all aspects of the GLP role of Study Director with overall scientific responsibility for the study design, interpretation, and reporting of study results.
Essential Job Functions
- Act as Study Director for GLP and/or non‑GLP studies
- Design studies to meet intended purpose
- Interpret and report study results to meet intended purpose
- Liaise closely with client representatives to ensure their expectations are met or exceeded
- Design and execute customized studies
- Participate in research and development projects
- Develop new products and technologies through the New Product Introduction process and guide process improvements
- Independently initiate, direct and execute scientific research and development work
- Independently plan and design experimental methods to achieve technical objectives
- Anticipate potential problems and designs preventative solutions.
- Determine strategic approach to experimental designs
- Perform fundamental literature searches related to new product and technology opportunities
- Mentor Scientist/Study Directors and laboratory technicians
- Maintains a high level of professional expertise through familiarity with current scientific literature
- Effectively use peer network to expand technical capability
- Monitor industry trends to ensure that BioReliance remains at the forefront of scientific advancements in the field of Genetic Toxicology
- Lead by example, offer scientific coaching and mentoring to other staff members
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement
- Participate in initiatives and/or projects to drive improvement in quality and/or client service
- Track and trend key assay parameters and recommend action(s) to address any adverse trends and/or issues that arise
- Keep the Project Managers and Account Managers informed of any study-related issues that could impact client studies
- Other duties as required or assigned
- Regularly attend and present data and results at scientific meetings
Who You Are:
- Doctoral degree in scientific discipline with at least 4 years of relevant experience
- Masters degree in scientific discipline with at least 6 years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of a research or testing laboratory
- Laboratory experience in research and development projects
- Laboratory experience in conducting GLP‑regulated studies
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, both strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly motivated and detail oriented with good organizational skills
- Possess the ability to multitask, work independently and also in a team environment with minimum supervision
- Good computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, presentations and lab information systems, specifically MS Office and LIMS
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.