A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
- Direct, plan, schedule and report on all activities in area of responsibility
- Plan, schedule and direct all work
- Report on progress against established maintenance work metrics
- Account for all work and activities, issue financial & regulatory reports
- Manage the work order backlog
- Establish spare parts inventory and shop equipment
- Counsel and develop personnel, which includes training and education
- Develop personnel by identifying training needs and providing required training
- Counsel personnel to resolve conflicts, and personal problems
- Develop leadership and management skills through training and education
- Lead maintenance technicians in Process Improvement activities
- Communicate and accomplish work by establishing priorities and demonstrating leadership
- Communicate the work to be done completely and clearly with craftsmen
- Use goal setting and delegation methods
- Support decision making at the lowest possible level
- Conduct communication meetings with technicians on a weekly basis
- Establish/Manage Process/ Facility systems metrics to track operation
- Evaluate personnel performance and provide guidance
- Handle performance evaluations and provide guidance to employee
- Handle discipline and use positive reinforcement with proper documentation
- Provide proper attendance recordkeeping, review and approve time cards and manage attendance
- Set goals for each employee and provide feedback on their performance
- Establish personal development plans for each employee
- Stay current on technological changes and attend technical seminars, trade shows, etc.
- Maintain the department 5S Program
- Continue education training/certification and competency of the field and other discipline(s)
- Stay current on environmental and safety issues
- Attend safety meetings and seminars and assure employees do also
- Complete environmental training sessions and assure employees do also
- Complete process safety management training and assure employees do also
- Conduct toolbox safety meetings
- Maintain exemplary housekeeping in areas of responsibility
- Uses behavioral leadership skills
- Inspects direct reports work for proper completion
- Reviews direct reports for safe work habits, trains, coaches as needed
- Completes performance appraisals for each report
- Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned
- Exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule
Who You Are:
- Bachelors in applicable field
- Minimum of 5 years maintenance supervisory experience including 3 years leadership role experience. Hands on experience in an applicable maintenance craft desired.
- Requires expert knowledge of policies, procedures and management practices
- Intermediate to expert knowledge level of appropriate craft
- Ability to interpret GMP, PSM and OSHA code or standards documents on compliance
- Advanced reading, writing and mathematics/ Computer literacy
- Advanced leaderships and team building/ personnel development
- Knowledge and Experience with CMMS e.g. SAP
- Advanced complex problem solving and analysis
- Advanced interpersonal and communication
- Expert planning and scheduling
- Willing to serve others and be responsive
- Expectation setting
- Advanced performance analysis and feedback
- Skilled in multiple craft supervision
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS
General Office Environment: Noise level in office environment is generally quiet.
Facility Services Environment: Regularly works near moving mechanical parts, outdoor weather conditions, and sources of electrical shock, vibrations, fumes, and airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals for which protective equipment and procedures must be used. The workplace noise level is loud, occasionally very loud. Occasionally works in high, precarious places. Must have valid driver’s license. Performs work related travel.
If performing office duties: Employee is required to sit, stand, hear, and use hands to operate all office equipment. Employee must view computer monitors for long periods of time. Vision requirements are close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Employee occasionally will be required to lift, generally no more than 25 pounds.
If performing facility services duties: Ability to walk long distances and be able to stay on your feet for eight hours. the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl for long periods of time. Use hands and feet to operate equipment. Occasionally lift 50 pounds unassisted and additional weight with assistance. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may be required to wear a hard hat, safety shoes, eye protection, hearing protection, protective gloves, respirator and face shield (when required)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.