A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This site runs 24/7 with 2 shifts.
Your Role: Responsible for carrying out and completing manufacturing tasks. Performs production procedures in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), resulting in quality product.
Formulation Tasks: Gather chemicals from different storage locations (i.e. room temperature, coolers and freezers); use designated weights from 1 gm to 250 kg to verify scales; scoop and dump chemicals into containers up to 1,000 kg; place finished containers on a scale to verify gross weights; use a computer to capture production information; approve related reports and complete related documentation.
Blending and Milling Tasks: Check rooms and equipment for cleanliness and damage prior to use; locate formulated chemicals for charging into blenders; setup and operate blenders in accordance with required specifications; setup and operate pin mill system in accordance with required specifications; setup and operate nitrogen conveying system; setup and operate clean-in-place (CIP) systems; control and monitor processes with an operator interface terminal (OIT); use a computer to capture production information; approve related reports and complete related documentation.
Packaging Tasks: Use designated weights from 1 gm to 25 kg to verify scales are in specification; confirm material and supplies are staged; set up and operate automated packaging equipment within specified tolerances; fill powder into final containers up to 100 kg in weight; perform label reconciliation to ensure proper package labeling; move pallets of product to finished goods storage; approve related reports and complete related documentation.
- Must be able to properly gown and comply with all cGMP and PPE guidelines
- Set-up equipment ensuring operations are consistent with current operating procedures. Equipment components can weigh up to 50 kg and have critical tolerance requirements.
- Report equipment failures and work with repair personnel to correct problems
- Performs procedures resulting in the cleaning of manufacturing equipment and facilities.
- Continually increases proficiency and understanding of manufacturing processes and systems.
- Able to Read and Understand all written procedures as outlined in SOP’s, Work Instructions and Master Batch Records (MBR).
- Completes all documentation in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and SOP.
- Perform operations in compliance with rules and in a safe, orderly manner.
- Participates in training programs as directed by the Department Supervisor. This may include monthly safety meetings, internal safety audits of operations, respirator training, and skill-based pay.
- Follow production procedures and safety policies at all time.
- Maintain good housekeeping in working areas.
- Reports any unsafe working conditions or safety concerns through the corporate Medgate system.
- Reports any property damage to the shift supervisor immediately
- Takes part in and contributes to a safe working environment by following corporate and departmental safety regulations.
- Use, clean, and store all personal protective gear appropriately
- Makes recommendations for continuous process improvements in the manufacturing area.
- Actively participates in Quality systems practices.
- Lift 5 pounds for a six hour period, or as needed
- Occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Maneuver and position mechanical components up to 50 kg.
- Stand for long periods of time
Who You Are:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferably with cGMP or regulatory compliance practices.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude including previous maintenance experience with process equipment or mechanical systems.
- Dry product processing and packaging experience.
- Ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to perform basic metric and other mathematical calculations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Works as a productive member of a team
- Ability to effectively communicate with others.
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Basic problem solving skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.