A career with EMD Performance Materials is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Operator I is responsible for performing the daily production duties of his/her production area along with the other Operators of the production team. Assure optimum operation of equipment by maintaining full compliance with operating instructions and Company policies and procedures.
- Assure safe and environmentally compliant operation of the production processes
- Technical knowledge in the area of responsibilities.
- Participate in process performance analysis and improvements within areas of responsibility.
- Maintain technical data bases as requested by Senior Operators and/or Production Management.
- Provide on-the-job training to Operator I and/or II classifications as requested by Production Management.
Who you are:
- A High School / GED degree.
- Proficient in the use of normal computer hardware/software.
- At least one year of chemical operations experience in a manufacturing environment, preferred.
- Statistical analysis skills, preferred.
- CPR and First Aid certification, preferred.
- Exposure to Lean Six Sigma and ISO certification, preferred.
- Must be able to work long hours (12-14) on a rotating shift schedule on a regular basis.Must be able to work in extreme climates (high / low temperatures and humidity)Ability to climb stairs, ladders and walk long distances during the course of the work day.
- Able to move and handle heavy objects with appropriate equipment.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.