A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Supports the shipment of customer orders following current procedures and guidelines for selecting, checking and/or packing. Process inbound shipments for unpacking and put away following current procedures and guidelines. This is a 7:00 am to 4:00 pm shift.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Checks chemicals, catalog number, lot number, special requests information, unit size, and weights against order documentation found in packing instructions for receiving
- Packs the material, following established procedures and instructions while complying with hazard regulations
- Applies all required labels and markings to box to comply with hazardous materials regulations
- Stages finished boxes to be metered/shipped
- Accurately and neatly pick/pull material from stock areas
- Stage completed orders to the appropriate area of the facility
- Unpack shipments for put away
- Put away unpacked items in appropriate areas of warehouse
- Pickups up trash and debris in work station & stock areas
- Keeps packing material organized and stored safely
- Performs cycle counts in stock areas
Who You Are:
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience: 1+ year of related warehouse picking/packing operation experience with SAP
- Ability to read, speak, hear and understand written and oral communications in English
- Ability to operate pallet jack, selecting carts, packing equipment, lift cart.
- Ability to operate computers/PC’s and printers and RF scanning gun
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.