A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: The Sr. Java Developer will work with scrum masters, functional analysts, and other technical analyst to understand business requirement, design and build scalable solutions using Java/JEE frameworks to successfully implement requirements that meet business need. The candidate also may need to support the existing software solutions.
Who You Are:
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Mandatory Skills:
- 5+ years of hands on development experience in Java/Java EE
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in REST service oriented architecture
- Experience in creating unit tests in JUnit, Arquillian, etc.
- Experience in J2EE technologies like JSP, Servlets, JPA
- Good understanding of MVC and MVVM patterns
- Good understanding of web frameworks
- Ability to provide solutions based on the business requirements
- Ability to work with global team
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and be customer centric
- Preferred Skills:
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Knowledge in Maven, Gradle, etc.
- Knowledge in Cassandra, Oracle
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.