A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This Customer Service position involves working in a dynamic, fast paced, high energy call center, and rewarding team environment focused on delivering a better customer experience. You will be responsible for ensuring each transaction is processed within customer specifications MilliporeSigma guidelines. As a Customer Service Representative, you must be eager to learn, be respectful, honest & humble, and embrace challenges. The opportunity for growth exists for employees who are eager to promote innovation, embrace new ideas and demonstrate the ability to learn at the next level of responsibility.
- Take pride in your work: own, execute, accomplish.
- Take ownership of all customer interactions to deliver a better customer experience.
- Respond to customer inquiries and resolve issues quickly, competently and professionally.
- Enter internal and external customer orders and quotations received via inbound calls, email, website, etc.
- Resolve, requests and inquiries related to orders, shipments, or other customer-related matters and accurately document.
- Use multiple applications that house customer information, policies and procedures.
- Investigate and record lost or damaged orders, complaints, credit and/or rebill requests.
- Be flexible, demonstrate reliable attendance and adhere to scheduled work hours to meet the needs of the organization as required.
- Interact extensively in a team environment with peers, supervisors and managers to assist one another with orders and information.
- Interface with supporting departments including Technical Service, Finance, Distribution and Sales.
- Adhere to all ISO Certification and participate in Customer Service-related audits when called upon to do so.
- Smile: be positive, friendly and have fun
- Ability to use sound judgment, take initiative and make good decisions
Who you are:
- HS diploma/equivalent
- Associates degree or higher education is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of customer service experience is preferred.
- Act as a role model of MilliporeSigma’s values and business practices.
- Able to meet the challenges of a fast-paced, high-energy environment, while maintaining a strong level of professionalism.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal communication and written skills, proactive problem-solving skills, and the ability to multitask effectively.
- Excellent listening and telephone communication skills.
- Highly motivated and organized, with attention to prioritizing incoming tasks.
- Knowledge of Oracle, SAP and PC applications a plus.
- Multilingual skills (French and Spanish) are a plus.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com