A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Access Reimbursement Director is responsible for leading, hiring, and managing the access and reimbursement manager (ARM) team, driving EMDS Neurology & Immunology portfolio products with local payers, IDNs, and EMDS provider field teams in developing a strategic plan and execution to accomplish EMDS MA&CS business objectives. These teams will be responsible for ensuring optimal access, effective pull-through, reimbursement services and program support in collaboration with MS Lifelines and 3rd Party SP/HUB services organizations.
Excellence in reaching key market access business objectives will be achieved through enabling both effective customer engagement and account management across diverse cross-functional customer-facing teams to positively impact access for EMD Serono N&I products, deploying strategic and tactical leadership.
Provides ongoing strategic analysis and guidance on Enterprise downstream market access customers, IDNs, and supports EMDS Field Sales teams in creating a positive experience with local physician access and patient reimbursement relevant conditions for the Company’s N&I products by identifying, mapping, and solving local payer, health system and reimbursement challenges facing EMDS’s innovative MS portfolio.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Business or Science Related Fields
- Proven track record in leading a team and delivering results
- 3 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or experience leading teams or projects.
- 5-7 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical/ healthcare industry with demonstration of successful results preferred
- Experience in the Multiple Sclerosis, Neurology, CNS and specialty biologics markets highly desirable.
- Strong expertise in managed care knowledge highly desirable including reimbursement, prefer actual experience in Market Access
- Ability to quickly grasp and implement business objectives and guide resource allocation
- Excellent at creating a high-performance team and maintaining personal effectiveness
- Strong analytical skills to understand and adjust to trends and market dynamics
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Self- motivated and energetic
- Able to travel up to 60-80%, may vary based on location
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.