A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Process Engineer II- Chemical Manufacturing
- Lead and work with team members to successfully complete engineering projects. Expected to lead project teams effectively collaborating with both internal and external resources.
- Development of process studies including qualification of equipment for validation or physical performance of system
- Technology documentation development and implementation.
- Develop and support of new products and new processes.
- Design and conduct experiments as required to support new product/process introductions.
- Work with Manufacturing, Maintenance, QC and QA to ensure existing manufacturing processes remain in control.
- Initiate, propose and implement optimization projects to reduce quality incidents, manufacturing costs, cycle times and/or increase product yield. Develop project justifications and capital project proposals.
- Takes part in and contributes to a safe working environment by following corporate and departmental safety regulations.
- Understand and complies to OSHA Process Safety Management program
- Reports to a Manager role, typically no direct reports. Leads team members in teams that do not report to them.
Who You Are:
- BS-Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 3 years project management experience in managing budgets, scope and project schedules.
- Liquid processing and packaging experience preferred.
- Automation Controls experience a plus.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.