A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Manufacturing Engineer will demonstrate a high level of competency and know how related to functional aspects of technical cGMP biopharmaceutical manufacturing systems. The Manufacturing Engineer will guide projects and team leaders to insure production processes are efficient, accurate, compliant and manufacturing readiness standards are identified and met.
- Develop and optimize continuous production and manufacturing processes to achieve the output, quality, and cost goals of the organization.
- Collect production data and apply standard scientific statistical methods to analyze, document, and diagram production flows.
- Recommend changes or upgrades to equipment, work methods, or other aspects of the Manufacturing to improve efficiency and utilization of resources (including labor, energy and raw materials).
- Promote and ensure the culture of quality while providing troubleshooting and in-suite guidance to achieve timely production completion goals.
- Motivate peers and staff, to foster a culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence.
Who You Are:
- At least 3 years of directly related experience. At least 5 years of senior experience in a GMP environment
- Bachelor’s in Life Science or related field required.
- Well versed in aseptic manufacturing processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well-honed priority and time management skills
- Knowledge of relevant unit operations.
- Bulk Drug UF/DF Formulation and sterile Filtration
- Sterile Fill / Finish
- Working knowledge of desktop computers and technical equipment
- Lean Six Sigma methodologies
- Advanced MicroSoft Excel experience
- Experience with Jump software system v. 14 preferred
What we offer:
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.