A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Job Title: QA Engineer for Digital Marketing Analysis Tools
Your passion is the continuous improvement of websites and you live and breathe website KPIs and SEO metrics. You have a deep knowledge on how complex websites on content management systems are set up and how continuous reporting through various tools can be leveraged to boost the website quality.
You work closely with the Content Management teams as well as the web development team to translate findings into actionable changes. You have a vision on how to proactively support the business needs in various locations and are excited to provide best of class services for the online communication.
You are experienced with agile development methods and participate actively in daily Scrum disciplines (stand-ups, estimates, progress reporting).
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Autonomous identification and evaluation of improvement areas in external websites by using our analytics tools
- Create proactive services to continuously improve the quality of the Merckgroup websites
- Autonomous coordination of activities with business and IT stakeholders
- Proactive monitoring & business consulting of website KPI’s (web analytics but also SEO and performance indicators)
- Provide technical leadership, training and mentoring of newly build solutions to the
Qualification, Years of Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor or Master degree in information technology or related
- SEO consulting by using tools like e.g. SiteImprove or ObservePoint
- Experience in web content management ideally Adobe Experience Manager
- Google Analytics certification
- Strong conceptual understanding of sales and marketing
- Good acumen of business functions with a developer mindset
- Excellent communication skills & experience working in virtual teams
- Fluent English
Specific information related to the position:
- Willingness for occasional international travel
- Willingness to occasionally stay up to 3 months in Germany or US
- Flexibility to attend critical meetings remotely across different time zones (Europe, North America, LatAm)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at