A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The incumbent will drive Commercial strategies to ensure translation of global brand strategy into effective launch readiness plan and resourcing.
Currently NSCLC, MET ex14 patients have limited treatment options with potential for approval of multiple investigational products; thus, there is an urgency to develop a strong and robust Commercial plan to maximize the potential of Tepotinib beyond the first indication. Accordingly, the core responsibilities associated with the Director role are to (1) ensure Commercial leadership in launch readiness planning and preparation, (2) strengthen and expand the NPP partnership with cross-functional team members (R&D, GRA, MAP, GSI, GMA and GPA) and (3) ensure alignment on biomarker strategy and it is executed across functions via regional plans
- Ensure commercial value is sustained through differentiated TPVP in a highly competitive future landscape and communicate commercial’s priorities to inform decision making
- Develop biomarker strategy and pull through plan in collaboration with cross functional and regional colleagues
- Lead the proactive monitoring, communication and assessment of strategic implications of competitive events
- Conduct draft label testing to help prioritize key claims to prepare for HA negotiations
- Identify and align GPT on key risks to Tepotinib program and develop contingency plan to mitigate the prioritized risks
- Collaborate with Tumor Leads and SMLs on the pull-through of global strategies into smaller markets
- Provide support for launch initiatives and go-to-market launch plans for Tepotinib in the US & Regional Markets
- Manage presence at key oncology congresses
- Coordinate Global Commercial meetings with regions, countries, functions to drive alignment and ensure launch readiness
- Partner with finance, commercial operations and market research to measure initiative/tactic effectiveness, communicate results, and reshape initiatives with marketing and sales team members for global markets
- Build strong relationships and collaborations with R&D, Medical Affairs, Portfolio Management, Market research, Regulatory, Finance and other key functions and teams
- Work with the highest degree of professionalism and in accordance with the company’s policies and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- Budget management
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 10+ years’ of experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry; with 3-5 years’ of marketing/ sales experience
- Previous global launch and/or regional launch experience preferred
- Degrees / advanced degree(s) in life sciences required; MBA preferred but not required
- Travel 25% internationally
- Experience in managing an oral oncology product with biomarker or experience is highly desirable
- High business acumen knowledge; understands targeting methodologies, sales force sizing and optimization, and articulates a story through data
- High cross-functional agility; ability to humbly lead through others and communicate effectively
- Track record of delivering strong commercial results in marketing and sales roles
- Track record demonstrating personal initiative and the ability to overcome significant challenges
- Meets challenges consistently and confidently with energy and drive. Motivated by results, urgency and personal commitment
- Possesses high integrity and exceptional work ethic. Fosters mutual trust and respect, and is an excellent team player
- Able to work effectively in a highly complex matrix environment, with a proven ability to influence without formal authority and achieve results through people
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Outstanding oral, written and communication skills with the ability to present to small and large groups and deal with unexpected questions and challenges while presenting
- Advanced software skills, particularly MS Excel and Powerpoint.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.