A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At EMD Serono we embrace values like Courage, Respect and Integrity. A career at EMD is a personal and professional adventure and our unique Access & Reimbursement Manager (ARM) roles will reinvent the way we support patients and healthcare providers. We are building something exciting and seeking trailblazers who have an intense desire to make a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with MS. Your unrelenting drive to help MS patients and their healthcare providers obtain appropriate access and reimbursement to life changing therapies will be the catalyst to your success.
Rooted in delivering an exceptional customer experience, you will gain a deep understanding of the MS patient journey. That insight, coupled with your experience, tenacious spirit, and industry expertise will have prepared you to deliver on your #1 objective…overcome access and reimbursement barriers that patients and healthcare providers face each day.
The ARM position will work within a complex matrix environment collaborating with multiple internal and external stakeholders to secure appropriate access and reimbursement through key account management strategies. You will be accountable for creating value with (1) Local and regional payers, (2) Integrated Health Networks and (3) Healthcare providers in community, institutional, and academic medical settings.
ARMs are field based and travel frequently to key customers including community and institutional healthcare providers, IDNs, and local payers within a designated territory.
Who you Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required in Business or Science Related Fields (required)
- Knowledge of private payer, Medicare Part D, Medicare Advantage, and Medicaid structures, systems, formulary review, utilization management, and reimbursement processes
- Live within 90 minutes of a major airport in the designated territory and be able to travel extensively (overnight – 60-80% of the time) within assigned territory
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Specialty key account management, managed care (payer / IDN accounts), Corporate Office or reimbursement for specialty pharmacy products
- Proven Track Record of Delivering Results
- Ability to quickly grasp and implement business objectives and guide resource allocation
- Strong analytical skills to understand and adjust to trends and market dynamics
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Self- motivated and energetic
- Position requires extensive domestic travel (approximately up to 80% of time as business requires).
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.