A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Perform project manager tasks for client studies being performed within Biologics, Lab Operations.
Your Role: This position will report to the Senior Manager of Program Management. The Project Manager is responsible for the work for a number of clients; each of which may have one or more projects. If any project is part of a larger program, the Project Manager is responsible for ensuring information is shared with the Program Manager and that the project proceeds so that the timelines and specifications of the program are fulfilled. The Project manager is responsible for establishing and directing the project teams involved in work for their clients.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manages technical projects for clients. These include a predominance of routine assays.
- Clarifies any unique project specifications in advance of test article submission. Establish project teams as relevant to the nature of the client’s specific project.
- Establishes the schedule of each project to ensure timely completion of the project. Communicates effectively with all involved in the project so that all relevant scheduling information is shared. This includes critical path analysis for multi-assay projects and includes providing prioritization the Operations planning meetings.
- Ensures any specific instructions regarding sample receipt, storage, handling, pooling etc are communicated to operational personnel as appropriate via, for example, the Sample Submission Form (per relevant SOPs).
- Operates as the PMO liaison to an Operations lab. In this function, they will help the lab prioritize their work and keep their PM team up to date on lab/assay-specific
- Maintains a project repository for each designated account so that everyone involved in the project can be aware of milestones and background information.
- Responsible for assembling, analysing, reporting metrics around service, quality and communication for the project and for reporting these both internally and externally to the client as required.
- Responsible for hosting internal reviews of the project and should work with other stakeholders in the project to drive reviews with the client if appropriate.
- Responsible for monitoring and communicating assay results and/or any unexpected deviations from agreed timelines within the context of the project specification and taking ownership to resolve the issues (per relevant SOPs).
- Responsible for highlighting any issues that may lead to a client complaint to the Team Leader, Program Management. Also responsible for ensuring any complaints are dealt with through the formal complaints SOP and in the BREL Quality System.
- Manages the on-line accounts/experience for customers.
- Responsible for communicating ‘Demand’ (i.e. knowledge of incoming work, including the mix) to Operations
- Responsible for monitoring and acting on studies ‘on hold’, WIP tracking, unbilled work and accounts receivable and, in collaboration with the Finance department (and others as necessary), for resolving any issues.
- Must adhere to the principles of Good Laboratory Practice and Good Manufacturing Practice as it relates to submission documentation.
- Utilizes problem solving skills and may rely on lead/manager for additional support
- Receives basic instruction for routine tasks and specific instructions for new tasks.
- Adheres to applicable safety SOPs and follows applicable safe work practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Who You Are:
Education (minimum requirements):
- B.S. or M.S in the Life Sciences is preferred.
- Courses or certification for Project Management
- 1 or more years in a pharmaceutical company and/or CRO/CMO/CTO; Lab and/or QA experience is acceptable.
- Experience managing client-facing projects is a plus.
- Cross-functional team leadership experience is desired.
- Solid information management (physical and virtual) skills.
- Proven project/program management skills (e.g., resource planning, schedule management, critical path planning, project team communication, and risk mitigation).
- Experience demonstrating good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent information management skills
- Good communication with complex information and priorities
- Ability to exercise good judgment
- Problem solving skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.