A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: Provide required support for daily operations for a laboratory within Biologics. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
The Lab Technician I will perform routine tasks in a timely manner to provide required support for daily operations in the laboratory. This work is closely supervised and reviewed while in progress and upon completion.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Documents tasks in compliance with SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP) as required
- Maintains a standard up keep of the facility through daily cleaning
- Ensures availability of lab supplies and orders supplies as required
- Cleans and sanitizes equipment and supplies as required
- Labels petrie dishes and other supplies as needed
- Processes samples
- Ships inventory
- Maintains temperature records
- Complies with health and safety regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned
Who You Are:
- High School diploma or GED
- Knowledge of relevant laboratory practices, equipment and materials preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Basic skills in applicable computer programs
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Math up to and including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.