A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and is currently recruiting for a Head of Strategy & PMO for our Connected Lab Promise Venture located in St. Louis, MO
Your role: As the Head of Strategy & PMO of our new digital business venture, you will have the opportunity to continue to build and deploy our platform strategy and to deliver on the Implementation & PMO execution for an exciting new software platform, designed to transform how scientists work in the lab. As the Head of Strategy, Implementation and PMO, you will work directly with the Head of Connected Lab and the Connected Lab leadership team and you will build and lead a high-performance team. You will be spearheading the continuous development and implementation of the Promise Venture strategy as we continue to build and extend our platform. Ideally you have both a background in science as well as experience in building and supporting program strategy and execution.
Who you are:
- BS degree or 8+ years’ equivalent experience, MS degree with 3+ years’ experience, or PHD
- Advanced degree preferred
- Experience in Strategy and PMO functions, preferably in software and/or life science topics and leadership positions strongly preferred
- A demonstrated leader with experience in building, directing and managing Strategy, Implementation and Project Management teams in the life science arena
- A team player who can adapt to a rapidly evolving startup-like environment
- Possess the curiosity to bring to the table and further build your digital and innovation skill sets to drive the platform’s development agenda
- Provide leadership and oversight of the business processes, managing organizational adherence to implementation methodologies as well as ensuring business operations are within budget, timeline, and scope requirements
- Show the appetite to develop and implement new processes and optimize existing methodologies to maximize value for the team
- Identify how changes in technology and the competitive environment will impact our strategic direction so that projects and plans can be executed to ensure Connected Lab achieves its stated vision
- Have a history of exceeding expectations and the intrinsic motivation to push boundaries both of yourself and people within your area of influence.
- Bring experience or show curiosity to learn on how to research and evaluate partnership opportunities and to support the process on how to close deals ranging from licensing agreements to mergers and acquisitions.
- An affinity for science and technology would be a great asset to be able to convey business value from technical solutions
- Ability to work as critical member of the program’s leadership team, be a team player and to engage into innovation and organizational improvement discussions concerning people, processes and technology
- Agile Scrum Management experience
- Background or work experience in Life Science preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead diverse teams through influence
- Excellent written, oral, communication and interpersonal skills
- Stakeholder Management, Negotiation & Communication Skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset, strong analytical skills, big-picture thinking
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of independence
- Flexible and willing to travel internationally and domestically up to 50%
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.