A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Associate Scientist III, In Vitro CytogeneticsII /Screening Lab
In-vitro Cytogenetics II/Screening lab runs a wide variety of GLP and Non GLP assays to characterize produce or material safety. Assays range from NGLP Screening Ames assays to in-vitro assays (NRU, BHAS, CHO Micronucleus FLOW, SHE, 3D Skin Comet).
Your role: The Associate Scientist III will perform a wide variety of assays or tests required to characterize product or material safety.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conducts pre-designed assays using basic laboratory techniques and skills
- Responsible for having a broad working knowledge of lab policies and assays
- Independently conducts assigned test procedures within the constraints of laboratory scheduling
- Follows Study Protocol, SOPs and relevant compliance regulations in regards to assay procedures, safety procedures, scientific responsibility and following GLP documentation, as applicable.
- Independently analyzes data and interprets results
- May be assigned R&D projects pertaining to the lab
- Advises the Laboratory Supervisor of factors that may affect the quality and usefulness of the data
- Maintains study workbooks and batch records
- Uses and maintains scientific equipment, instrumentation and computer systems
- Assists in training new staff members in performance of routine lab tasks
- Demonstrates consistently good communication and interpersonal skills with employees, management and clients, where applicable
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to improve standard laboratory techniques, protocols, processes and equipment
- Use and maintain scientific equipment, instrumentation, and computer systems
- Assist in writing/reviewing SOPs
- Other duties as applicable and as assigned
EXPANDED JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for all phases of the NGLP Screening Ames assays (plate incorporation method, pre-incubation method, spot test method, and Ames II method); Comet Single Cell Gel Electrophoresis assay (preparation of slides, processing of organs, electrophoresis of slides, scoring of slides, and analysis of data); In Vitro Cytogenetic Micronucleus assays in CHO cells (seeding of cells, dosing of cells, washing of cells, harvesting/termination of cells and FLOW Analysis). Neutral Red Uptake Assay in BALB and CHO cells (seeding of cells, dosing of cells, washing of cells, harvesting/termination and scoring); Bhas 42 Cell Transformation assay (maintenance of cell cultures, plating the assay, scoring the assays by spectrophotometer or microscope); SHE Transformation assay; UDS Assay.
Who you are:
An individual able to follow the SOPs, protocols and relevant compliance regulations in regards to safety procedures, documentation, and scientific responsibility and maintain an understanding of technological principles and applications of the organization’s services; independently analyze data, interpret results and advise the supervisor and study director of any factors that may affect quality and usefulness of data.
- Successful candidate must have regulatory experience
- Experience working in a GLP environment
- Cell culture experience-suspension and adherance
Education Level Required:
- MA/MS in scientific discipline with 2 years lab experience
- BA/BS in scientific discipline with 4-6 years of experience
- AA degree in scientific discipline with 6-8 years of experience
- Or Equivalent scientific experience
- Professional Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Working knowledge of a research laboratory.
- Experience in cell/tissue culture and aseptic technique.
- Pre-Employment testing requirements
- PFT and Hep B vaccine in addition to routing physical and blood work at Occupational Health Consultants
- Physical Requirements (PPE, lifting)
- Ability to use respirators
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.