A career with EMD Performance Materials is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Description of Role:
- Perform as technical lead on projects regarding analytics, technologies, and equipment
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and making recommendations
- Creation and maintenance of quality documentation and SOPs within Quality and in line with industry and global standards
- To collaborate with cross-functional teams, technical and non-technical, at local, regional and global levels, including method transfers
- Perform instrument calibration (IQ, OQ, PQ, PM) and routine equipment maintenance and repair
- Works cooperatively and effectively in a team environment to achieve common goals and results
- Perform risk assessments and understand how to approach and complete tasks, avoiding serious delays and consideration of expenditure of time and resources with proactive communication
- Provides specification, procurement, installation and start-up and commissioning activities for laboratory equipment
- To author, review, and approve quality technical agreements, validations and technology transfer documents
- Receive assigned Project Management and Leadership responsibilities within Quality Control
- Manage projects including development of project scope and estimates, initiation of requests for capital when required, specification of equipment, procurement and installation requirements, and start-up and commissioning activities, manages associated costs, and support of IQ/OQ/PQ and final documentation in accordance with acceptable engineering practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry required, advanced degree preferred.
- 5 plus years of experience in a Laboratory Environment
- Demonstrated Project Management Experience
- Ability to effectively present complex technical information and respond to questions from technical staff and management
- Demonstration of Development of Testing Protocol including Method’s Development for newly introduced or revised products
- Lean and Sigma Six experience
- Experience and fluency in SAP
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.