A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who We Are: EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany - a leading science and technology company - focused exclusively on specialty care. For more than 40 years, the brand has integrated cutting-edge science, innovative products and industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono has deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, as well as a robust pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology as R&D focus areas.
The Senior Director, HEOR will be accountable for:
- Leading oncology Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR) team through series of launches in coming years to ensure optimal launch preparedness
- Liaising with alliance partners to ensure HEOR strategy development, communication and execution
- Working with cross-functional oncology leadership to ensure effective communication around budget, FTE needs and integration of HEOR activities into medical and brand plans
- Fast-moving indications for a lead Oncology asset, reporting to the Head of Data Analytics and Value Assessment (DAVA)
- Development and execution of indication-specific HEOR strategic plan, tactical plan, budget planning as well as delivering to those plans, having full responsibility for HEOR budget execution for the indication(s)
- Planning, driving and implementing the interdisciplinary, local health outcomes, health economics and comparative effectiveness evidence generation strategy for the indication for US Medical for EMD Serono.
- Delivering indication-specific economic and comparative effectiveness models and dossiers to demonstrate the additional therapeutic value of EMD Serono’s products.
- Developing indication specific RWE studies and/or analyses in close collaboration with medical colleagues
- Working collaboratively with cross functional team to plan and execute subgroup analyses of clinical data
- Developing and executing publishing study results, writing reports, holding presentations in internal and external working groups, advisory boards, networks, or congresses and train internal stakeholders and subsidiaries, obtaining necessary internal approvals (i.e., legal, compliance, Promotional & Scientific Material Review (PSMR), DataVision).
- Providing evidence-based, scientific support of local submissions (i.e. AMCP Dossier) and presentations (within assigned regions and/or accounts) to health technology appraisal, reimbursement (e.g., managed care) and/or pricing authorities in USA.
Who you are:
- Degree in Medicine or Pharmaceutical Sciences, postgraduate qualification in Health Economics or Public Health / Health Services Research
- Minimum of 8 years of practical experience with HTA & Reimbursement within pharmaceutical industry for candidates with Masters and min of 5 years’ experience with relevant terminal degree
- Strong conceptual, methodological, and analytical skills. Demonstration of comprehensive mastery of health economics and/or epidemiological statistical methodologies as well as ability to apply such knowledge in a concrete business context to support patient access to therapy
- Strong communication skills are critical; this role will have regular communications and presentations to the cross functional team
- Excellent understanding of US payers (including commercial and government), market access and evidence based medicine area and challenges, with particular knowledge of in the oncology area
- Position requires both domestic and international travel up to 10% of time
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.