A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the hands-on execution of in vivo immunopharmacology studies with a specific focus on the application of precision, image-guided irradiation in experimental mouse tumor models.
You will be responsible for developing mouse tumor radiotherapy models using the Xstrahl Small Animal Radiation Research Platform (SARRP) and will provide hands-on technical expertise to support the non-clinical development of novel radiotherapy/immune-oncology combination therapies. The successful individual will collaborate closely with teams across development programs and contribute to the execution of a research strategy focused on the evaluation of novel cancer immunotherapy approaches in combination with radiotherapy.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years of experience, master’s degree with 2+ years of experience, PhD, or DVM strongly preferred
- Candidates with industry or professional experience are preferred
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ plus years of experience or master’s degree minimum requirement
- Hands on experience using an image-guided, precision irradiation system in a research or veterinary setting is strongly preferred
- The candidate should be proficient in handling rodents (rats, and mice), able to prepare formulations, administer compounds via various routes (IV, PO, IP), and collect blood or tissue samples for analysis
- Previous experience using methodologies to interrogate the immune system (i.e. multi-color flow cytometry, ELISPOT, etc.) is a plus
- The candidate will be expected to keep abreast of cutting-edge developments in the fields of radio/immunotherapy and animal radiotherapy to serve as a knowledge expert across programs
- The candidate should be proficient in data collection/documentation all study results in the form of lab notebook reports and, as needed, contribute to the authorship of regulatory submission documents
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse team setting and collaborate effectively on complex projects, troubleshoot effectively and think proactively
- A background in immunology or cancer immunology, is desired
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.