A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your role: Manage sales at the territory level and serve as the primary liaison between customers and EMD Serono. This position focuses on building customer alliances, establishing and maintaining product market leadership and achieving short and long-term sales objectives by analyzing provided data to recognize territory trends, and identifying customer needs and providing solutions to create a professional relationship between the customer and EMD Serono.
Sales: Achieve territory sales goals and objectives consistent with Company and TA guidelines. Create and execute territory and key strategic account plans to achieve aggressive goals and objectives for continued growth of our fertility portfolio. Maintain a superior level of product, market, reimbursement, formulary, managed care, customer and distribution knowledge to accomplish territory objectives including strengthening current loyalist positions and expanding and building new loyalists. Plan and implement effective professional and patient education programs as directed by TA leadership. Maintain an expert operating knowledge of all company policies and guidelines including but not limited to those addressing interactions with healthcare professionals, Compliance, Business Conduct and PhRMA. Demonstrate proficient skill level with customer facing responsibilities, critical thinking, analysis, and planning skills.
Communication: Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the Fertility medical community, engaging in disease state discussions that engender thinking while identifying needs and providing solutions. Develop and maintain strong working knowledge and relationships with decision makers in the reimbursement and managed health care area as appropriate.
- Maintain an excellent level of continuous-improvement, personal and professional growth to grow territory sales and accomplish territory objectives.
- Maintain a high level of home office and regional interaction necessary to effectively seize external (i.e.: Sales) and internal (i.e.: process improvement) opportunities.
- Demonstrate leadership with peer groups and management helping to propagate a single (ONE) team approach to the business.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum 3 years sales experience in the pharmaceutical/health care industry with demonstrated success in sales performance.
- A valid and active driver’s license is required for this position.
- English required. Other language skills may be considered a plus.
- Experience in Fertility and Specialty Biologics markets highly desired
- Scientific or clinical background desirable.
- Large account management experience highly desired
- Experience with pharmacy and other collaboration partners highly desired
- Experience selling in highly competitive markets highly desirable
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.