A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Communicate customer requirements via accurate order entry, date management and specification review. Provide proactive communication on status of orders by monitoring from entry through shipment, with support from Order Management and Planning, to insure on time delivery and customer satisfaction. Emphasis on identifying and removing supply chain barriers from batch allocation through shipment. Support customers by proactively reducing frequency of complaints through effective preventative actions, customized order processing and order management techniques to drive strong business relationships and insure business and customer retention.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Primary point of contact for Applied customers. Absolute customer centric focus.
- Customized order processing which includes but is not limited to confirming customer packaging configurations, confirming customer specifications using change control data to ensure customer expectations are met, offering alternate products and configuration when requested product is not available, etc.
- Develop solutions for customer inquiries, problem solves to meet or exceed customer expectations. Quickly identify root cause and corrective actions to minimize customer impact. Investigate and resolve the inquiry with the appropriate functional areas.
- Manage and/or monitor orders including catalog and custom materials using appropriate tools and systems as well as internal functions (Planning, Order Management, Quality, Packaging, Distribution, etc.)
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Representative must have 1+ years of diversified customer service experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field is desirable.
- Previous knowledge of SAP is desirable.
- Extensive Customer Service experience.
- Strong problem identification and resolution skills.
- Ability to create spreadsheets, formulas and charts in Microsoft Excel
- Process improvement skills
- Knowledge of Customer Service, Quality Control, Packaging, Inventory planning or Manufacturing processes, Shipping (domestic and international), Accounting (basic principles of costing, profits and margins for our business)
- Ability to interpret customer requirements and communicate effectively across diverse work groups.
- Must be able to develop a strong working relationship with key SAFC and Applied customers and sales team members.
- Professional communication skills. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate at all levels and work as a team.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while prioritizing the changing demands; demonstrate high sense of urgency.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment and the ability to adapt to changing processes/systems.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage and track multiple activities.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.