A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Global Evidence & Value Development (GEVD) is an integral part of the Biopharma Research & Development organization focusing on readiness for value assessment hurdles and patient access throughout the product lifecycle.
During development and peri-launch phases, under the leadership of the GEVD Strategy Lead or Therapeutic Area Head, you lead the execution of projects as part of the value demonstration strategy for relative effectiveness and health technology assessments. You partner with local and regional colleagues to provide expert review and guidance on evidence generation activities to ensure methodological robustness and alignment with global strategies. You develop indication knowledge, keep abreast of policy insights, landscape surveillance, and novel methodologies.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 8 years of experience, or master’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of experience, or a PhD degree in public health, health services research, health economics and outcomes research, or related fields such as statistics or economics
- Three plus years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry and an advanced degree preferred. A strong background with hands-on experience in consulting, health insurance, payer authority, payer research institute, or other relevant settings may also be applicable
- Oncology experience is preferred
- Strong conceptual, methodological, and analytical skills. Previous experience in one or more core competencies is required (e.g., economic modeling, evidence synthesis, patient reported outcomes, real world evidence, or reimbursement dossier preparation).
- Strong multi-tasking and organization skills with an ability to work within compressed timelines.
- Skilled in confidently interacting within teams and across functions, cultures, and geographies.
- Experience in collaborating with external institutions and service providers.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.