A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Principal Scientist is an individual contributor and is a primary scientific resource for Process Service Solutions (PSS) and will be responsible for providing scientific thought leadership in line with the regulatory expectations of the BioReliance customers located in the EMEA region. This will be directed to target clients and will include input into technical design of custom assays, and ongoing scientific support. The Principal Scientist is responsible for the scientific integrity of technical work in Biologics and for ensuring the testing solutions needs of clients are met or exceeded.
- Ph.D. in Life Sciences relevant scientific field or equivalent experience.
- Extensive relevant experience, ideally balanced in biologics development and/or manufacturing, quality and technical operations within a global, multi-site environment.
- Relevant industry experience in a pharmaceutical, biologics and/ or medical device environment is required. Experience within a regulated environment and ability to interact effectively with regulatory agencies.
- Strong interpersonal experience with a demonstrated ability to lead and influence teams and individuals is required
- Strong negotiating skills required. As “voice of the expert”, provide effective communication and working relationships with customers.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills in English
- Demonstrates strong client facing skills
- Willingness to work on weekends, and off hours
This is a unique opportunity for a highly experienced Scientist to join our business in a team whose influence and reach is continually growing and developing. The role requires an interesting combination of skills - clearly we're looking for a credible and proven expert Scientist, but we also need the succesful candidate to possess advanced customer-facing and influencing skills. This will be a highly visible role in a developing team, so the ability to influence senior leaders will be tested every day.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at