A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who We Are: EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany - a leading science and technology company - focused exclusively on specialty care. For more than 40 years, the brand has integrated cutting-edge science, innovative products and industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono has deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, as well as a robust pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology as R&D focus areas.
Serve as a lead clinician on the global clinical development team responsible for overseeing strategy and execution of clinical trial activities in a specific indication area or combination approach within the M7824 TGF-beta TRAP / anti-PD-L1 fusion protein program.
Lead a global cross-functional development team to define clinical development activities that best support the overall program strategy. Oversee (directly or via management of other physician/scientists) the planning and management of clinical trials, including study design, trial management and interpretation of results.
Serve as Global Indication Team Lead:
- Propose and drive clinical development strategies for assigned product(s) in order to establish its safety and efficacy and support registration in the shortest possible time worldwide
- Identify and engage Key Opinion Leaders in the relevant therapeutic areas to help develop scientific rationale and development strategy
- Develop and/or oversee the preparation of clinical development plans, study concept sheets, and study protocols in collaboration with clinical and project team members for assigned indication(s)/products
- Guide and oversee the clinical team supporting the indication/combination. The clinical team will comprise of Medical Directors and Clinical Research Scientists.
- Manage, mentor and develop assigned staff, as appropriate
- Oversee all aspects related to the scientific and medical risk in collaboration with the safety representative and other relevant stakeholders
- Supervise the review, analysis and interpretation of study data
- Support communication of study results as assigned
Who You Are:
- Medical Degree
- Board certification or training in Oncology preferred
- Able to communicate effectively in English
- Requires substantial professional experience, 10+ years
- At least 5 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
- Experience managing people is preferred
- Ability to work in intense, fast paced, global work environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentations (posters, paper, seminars) to external parties
- Ability to collaborate in a seamless fashion with project/program/functional teams
- Able to maintain familiarity with progress in the field of oncology and immuno-oncology
- Ability to travel domestically and internally up to 20%
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.