A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Help our Fertility, Endocrinology and General Medicine business achieve amazing things. Did you know that there are over 2 million babies worldwide that have been born as a result of our company's innovations in Fertility?
The Finance Business Partner will be aligned to our Fertility, Endocrinology and General Medicine businesses which are at the forefront of bringing life changing treatments to patients with complex conditions. Be a part of our mission and journey to improve lives. Use your Finance Business Partnering skills to help us achieve amazing things.
Strategic Business Partnering:
- Provide quality support in the form of robust financial analysis, to the Controlling team and Commercial organisation to aid in decision making regarding sales, pricing and margins.
- Ensure Head of Controlling and country leadership team have the strategic financial support needed for decision making for where to invest and where and when to reallocate financial resources and capital.
- Significant involvement in monthly, quarterly, annual closings/budget meetings/planning process and challenge or push-back on the financial indicators/investment that will impact the business and present them or recommend their adoption.
- Review key business processes and advise on key actions that results in business productivity gains. Highlighting key performance issues and critical gaps
- Understand company financial systems and actively lead the monthly/quarterly/annual closing process of the company.
- Develop and maintain Business Performance Tracking System (including P&L, relevant Balance Sheet & Cash Flow KPIs for Country / Cluster).
- Delivering financial analysis to challenge the business and provide monthly review of sales and allocated spend against budget
- Data mining from various systems for analysis and creation of reports that provide timely, accurate and actionable information to decision makers
- Identifying and measuring key performance indicators and drivers
- Identifying key trends and planning / challenging accordingly, inclusive of pricing and promotional activities
- Prepare review reports for business team
- Prepare Brand Profitability / Performance Statement with comments & key insights
- Financial evaluation of all major decisions with respect to investments, major spend or launch of new products / Business development
- Other business as relevant
- Able to understand, interpret, budget, plan and make decisions keeping in view the financial performance of the company
- Responsible for budgets, forecasts and ensuring appropriate use of expenditure
- Responsible for increasing profits and/or a return on investment
- Able to think and act tactically and strategically
- Can Demonstrate a market-driven and customer-focused approach
- Able to investigate complex business problems and formulate efficient and practical solutions
- Qualified Accountant (e.g. ACCA/CIMA/ACA), Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree or equivalent in business, economics or finance / MBA
- Functional Skills & Competencies
- Relevant experience in a corporate environment
- Commercial Finance Business partnering experience is a plus
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint; demonstrated ability to develop complex formulas, pivot tables, and v-lookups. Proficient in think cell
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis
- Proficiency in data mining/data extraction (SAP, TM1)
We are a company committed to investing in and developing our employees, the career prospects within this role are quite broad and will depend on the individuals’ aspirations and their desire to challenge themselves.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at