A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The intern will join the Department of Global Epidemiology in company based in Darmstadt, Germany. As one of the hubs of expertise on Real World Data (RWD) within the company, our mission is to add value in the assessment and monitoring of the benefits and risks for patients of our medicines across the lifecycle.
The intern will contribute to (pharmaco-)epidemiological studies, including the development of protocols, reports, and publications. Further activities may vary according to projects needs and may include literature searches, safety reports and regulatory deliverables.
Who you are:
- Ideally, resident in Medicine or Pharmacy, enrolled in a Master or PhD dedicated to (pharmaco-)epidemiology/ biostatistics/ public health
- Previous “working” experience in epidemiology will be valuable
- Good project management and strong team-working skills
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to adapt rapidly to changing priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially in English
Start: January 2019 (but can be anytime within the year), 4 to 12 months
What we offer: At the company there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!