A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Medical Director, Global Medical Affairs Oncology is a key role in the Global Medical Affairs Oncology team and works closely with partners internally in the medical team, as well as with the R&D and clinical development departments on our checkpoint inhibitors / targeted therapies. The Medical Director leads a cross-functional team that is responsible for guiding the development and life cycle management of a drug from the oncology or immuno-oncology portfolio, including supporting clinical development, pre-launch, peri-launch, and post approval. The Medical Director is responsible for working closely with his/her management and other Medical Directors of the Global Medical Affairs Oncology team to build, monitor, track, manage, and assist with the development and implementation of the Global Medical Affairs plans and initiatives. In addition, this role requires primarily close coordination cross-functionally with Global Business Franchise counterparts, but also with Global, Regional and Local stakeholders to create and ensure alignment across all teams. The Medical Director is responsible for medical education and external engagement with the medical community.
Who you are:
- Advanced degree: MD, with experience in oncology required
- English – excellent command of spoken and written English (German a plus)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry, or equivalent academic experience with demonstration of successful results
- Clinical experience and knowledge treating oncology patients.
- Demonstrated understanding of the clinical development and post-approval environment for pharmaceuticals including post-approval clinical studies and medical affairs strategic initiatives
- Knowledge and application of business planning & leadership principles, such as goal setting, action plans, monitoring tools, directive and supportive techniques to develop and implement action plan
- Creation and oversight of cross-functional and multi-disciplinary teams, experience in developing and leading teams
- Demonstrated orientation & credibility with internal and external customers
- Creation of solid plans and reports for which performance and progress can be measured and evaluated
- Able to travel up to 30% (required)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at