A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
- Accountability for the site in Urbana.
- Develops manufacturing roadmap to support technology cluster objectives and strategy, setting and driving performance objectives across the operations.
- Ensures best practice sustainable operations in terms of employees, the environment, processes, legal, civil, suppliers, and customers. Accountable for all EHS and compliance matter of the site/organization
- Ensures on-time delivery of quality products and information to both internal and external customers while controlling expenditures.
- Focal point and key interface for local business/central functions and alignment with global functions
- Drives lean six Sigma throughout operations, developing a continuous improvement culture focused on quality, cost and delivery excellence.
- Develop and communicate site strategy in line with the overall manufacturing and tech cluster strategy
Who you are:
- Undergraduate degree required. MBA or advanced technical degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years leadership experience in Operations.
- Knowledge of SIAL including products, processes, and technologies.
- Demonstrated excellence in relationship building and negotiation strategies, ability to influence, network, drive and manage change.
- Demonstrated leadership effectiveness that align with MilliporeSigma values and leadership competencies.
- Demonstrated proficiency and excellence in communication and interpersonal skills, and leading in matrix environments
- Ability to develop a leadership pipeline
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.