A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 53,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: in this newly created Head of Governmental Affairs & Communication position, you will be reporting directly to the General Manager. This position will focus on leading and contributing to governmental affairs and market access activities and discussions, within the organization as well as externally. Internally you will work closely with the General Manager, the Market Access Manager and Business Unit Heads as well as our European Governmental Affairs team based in Brussels. Your role focuses on maximizing engagement and building relationship with relevant policymakers and influencers in Norway and to ensure that company’s views and positions are properly addressed. Taking an active role in Trade Associations will also be key. You will monitor the political and health policy environment and the development and implementation of key projects associated with the Government Affairs strategy. In this role you support and advance business objectives and ensure that the company's views and positions are properly addressed. You will monitor and analyze the political and health policy environment and communicate health care policy information as it impacts on the company's business. In this role you support the development and implementation of the Government Affairs strategy in collaboration with internal stakeholders. You will also develop and implement appropriate projects and programs (policy papers, disease awareness, advocacy programs etc.). This role also act as the point of contact in Norway to educate the organization on the broader policy picture. Responsibilities also include managing program budgets and consultants as needed.
Who you are:
- You have a university degree in a related field, such as political science, public policy or health care
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in public policy (governmental institutions, trade association advocacy, government/public affairs consulting or NGOs)
- You have sound influential and networking skills, allowing you to create and maintain strong relationships. You have an established network within the Ministry of Health & the Norwegian Medicines Agency
- You are a driven and collaborative leader
- Fluent English & Norwegian (written and spoken) is essential, fluency in additional languages is an asset
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!