A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are seeking a talented Head of Commercial to join EMD Digital, Inc., an affiliate of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany. As an industry leading science & technology company, we seek to solve the most challenging problems facing scientists today. Our team is working at the intersection of digital and science to develop a portfolio of digital products with the aim of speeding up the scientific process from discovery through commercialization.
Your Role: As part of this digital business venture, you will have the opportunity to work in a face-paced, entrepreneurial environment to help bring our product strategy and vision to life. The ideal candidate is an accomplished professional in the healthcare commercial space. You will need to be able to guide the organization through the commercial landscape and implement strategies to drive tangible revenue and business growth. Demonstration of the following behaviors is important: strong leadership, demonstrated track record of commercial results, strategic thinking, building and maintaining strong relationships, and translating strategic vision into action. The Head of Commercial will be responsible for helping build a rock-star team of highly motivated, customer focused teams.
Who You Are: You will Oversee development and execution of the company's launch and mid-term commercial strategy. Assess, build and manage a pipeline of customer targets across relevant channels to deliver on the company's growth objectives. Actively maintain a detailed perspective of the digital clinical market and the competitive landscape. Serve as key account manager to own delivery for early commercial activities. Define the venture's commercial organizational structure for pharma sales and manage growing sales and commercial team. Work with engineering, product, and medical teams to align commercial targets with all development plans/activities. Oversee the development of the KPI's and assessment systems to continually monitor the success of the product in the market; update implementation and operational plans accordingly based on data-driven decisions and analyses. Help to establish a company culture that is achievement-driven, positive and empowering for all employees
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in science, business or related field
- 15+ years of professional experience
- A minimum of 5+ years prior professional experience as a pharma/life science executive in Marketing/Sales/Strategy/Operations/Business Development
- Experience leading large matrixed teams and proven managerial and leadership skills
- Drug development background with deep understanding of the clinical trial process
- Experience building a sales team previously in a high-growth environment
- Negotiation experience in commercial deals >$1M
- Good presentation skills to large audiences (conferences)
- Frequent domestic and international travel to key customers (up to 50%)
- Experience leading revenue development activities and growing a pipeline of incremental and strategic commercial opportunities
- Demonstrated experience in partnering with technical teams and customers to guide the organization through the commercial landscape
- Demonstrated success in participating in business development and sales initiatives
- Change agent with outstanding C-level presentation and communication skills
- Background or experience in biology/chemistry/bioinformatics
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.