A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Director – Finance Systems Now – Life Science is a critical business process owner in Life Science Controlling leading a team of dedicated system experts and process managers. In this role, the incumbent oversees operational support and development of existing systems and processes and collaborates closely with his/her peers focusing on the development and deployment of the future ERP of the LS organization.
As such the role develops and supports
- Global Life Science Financial Reporting Systems (cost reporting, sales reporting, margin analysis)
- Finance processes in key LS related systems (ERP, BI, TM1 and adjacent functional solutions)
- Key project workstreams and transformational projects in the LS finance community
- Deep-dive into existing finance processes and drive change, improvement and efficiency at the lowest level
- Articulate changes & improvement requirements customized to audience (Management, FP&A, Accounting, Controlling, Shared Services, IT)
- Leads cross-functional projects and workstreams to successful completion, often enlisting resources and managing teams of employees from a variety of functions and organizations.
- Support automation and development of management reporting processes to provide business or function leadership, with timely reports on financial results and related business insights. Reports in a manner that meets business or function information needs, while meeting corporate standards for process, timing, and format.
- Develops and documents standard financial processes, with a focus on implementing common financial processes and practices globally across the company. Through process improvement and organizational design, improves the efficiency of the finance function.
Who You Are:
- 5-7 years experience with demonstrated success in a variety of business environments and management positions. Outstanding financial analysis, process and systems development skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MS Finance or MBA preferred
- Strong knowledge of accounting regulations and company accounting policies and practices, and unquestioned integrity in the application of such standards.
- Prior exposure to BI system implementations and process development for financial reporting and P&L management
- Outstanding business analysis, financial planning and reporting skills that generate business insights & add measurable value. Current knowledge of current trends in finance and functional best-practices.
- Excellent at workload prioritization, resource management, and project management in matrix environment of the organization. Develops and manages processes that are effective and efficient. Strategic thinker.
- Superior interpersonal, communication (both written and verbal), and presentation skills.
- Proven track record to work in an international environment.
- Be able to represent and develop the company values.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.