A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Job Title:Senior PI Developer
Job Location: Bangalore
The PI developer’s role is to work with the PI Solution Architect to understand the technical requirements and develop interfaces for the same. The role will work with business analysts and testing team on completion of development to take the work from development to production. This position interfaces with SAP resources across cross functional modules, system integrator resources, and business analysts to ensure full understanding of SAP integration issues and support for proposed solutions.
•Creation of PI functional & technical designs for integration scenario requirements
•Development in Enterprise Services Repository
•Configuration in Integration Builder
• Support project teams during testing.
•Promote component reuse strategy across all development environments.
•Manage day-to-day issues and tasks related to the development and support of SAP interfaces. •Compliance with client’s IT processes (with regard to incident and change management)
•Monitor message processing and message throughput
•Troubleshooting and status tracking of messages
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Strategy & Planning
- Design, develop and configure SAP PI components in support of interface requirements.
- Work closely with the business and IT leaders with creation of integration test cases and plans.
- Ensure that development efforts adhere to analysis, design and development standards.
- Provides input to integration test cases and through testing, identifies and resolves technical issues.
- Provide on-going support and maintenance of the PI components and interfaces.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- computer science degree/relevant and/or 5-8 years of relevant work experience
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years of design, development and support of SAP NetWeaver PI components and interface within SAP modules
- Experience working on projects involving a global team
- 1+ year ABAP Development and Performance Analysis Experience including testing, debugging and resolving
- Excellent knowledge of Process Integration, technologies and protocols
- Development Experience in ESR, ID, SLD with different adapters
- Experience with J2EE architecture and development in JAVA/J2EE is required
- Good understanding of XML and web services and XSLT mappings is a definite plus
- Hands-on experience with systems integration and a range of relational database platforms
- Knowledge of SAP modules and integration between PI and ERP
- Experience with e-commerce, intranet, and extranet development
- Excellent written, oral, communication and interpersonal skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at