A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Reporting to the Global Head of Internal Communications for Life Science, this individual will work to develop and execute internal campaigns and programming, which drive engagement and recognition. As part of this role, this person will act as the Communications Business Partner for Life Science Human Resources. There will be heavy collaboration required with HR, Group Communications and other Communications team members to ensure alignment in messaging and implementation across all internal channels.
- Partner with Communications colleagues to develop strategic internal campaigns and programming that drive engagement, create awareness and educate the global population.
- Execute on a communications strategy, including tactical support and pull-through – i.e. maintenance intranet, some meeting logistics, support of tactical campaign execution on a global level.
- Provide executive support/partnership with assigned leadership teams within the Life Science Business – i.e. speech writing, PowerPoint slide creation (including content development and simple slide design)
- Ensure consistency of messaging across the organization, in line with Life Science business goals, Group Communications priorities and our overall communications strategy.
- Write and publish rich content for internal channels and work with teams throughout the business, to create an editorial calendar which educates and engages the global employee base.
- Collaborate on the planning and execution of large scale corporate events, with a focus on driving rich content that will accelerate knowledge, solutions and empowerment across the organization and elevate our Life Science message.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years’ Communication and Engagement experience
- Demonstrates strong writing skills
- Experience in developing memos, key messages and slide presentations
- Project management experience a plus
- Ability to execute tactics according to a plan
- Demonstrates strategic skills
- Demonstrates knowledge of communication strategies across all channels to provide straight forward innovative solutions, ranging from communication strategy to consultancy to tactics
- Ability to communicate in a cross-functional team
- Ability to drive change
- Ability to travel up to 10%
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.