A career an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
- Ensure full compliance of procurement activities in compliance with company Code of Ethics, Procurement policies and procedures.
- Support entities in China, Hong Kong and Taiwan in their P2P process using the ERP system thru:
- Purchase Requisition validation, compliance checking
- Purchase order creation, releasing and monitoring
- Perform Purchase Order changes/modifications
- Vendor master data maintenance systems, includes creation, change and cancellation
- Respond to inquiries of internal customer and supplier regarding purchase order status, changes, or cancellations and other procurement related concerns.
- Perform vendor creation and information change request.
- Follow-up/expedite deliveries of purchased items, samples required to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other supply problems.
- Create and maintain process document for the P2P process of Merck entities supported.
- Perform other procurement Adhoc tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
- Provide first level support to all stakeholders for ERP systems used.
- Support knowledge of system/process/policy transfer to other team members, includes provide documentations, such as training materials and working instruction.
- Lead the training session about policy/process/system usage for all end users in each legal entity.
Who you are
- Graduate of any bachelor’s degree
- Background in using SAP/Ariba/SRM system as a Buyer is preferred
- 1-2 years’ working experience and knowledge in Procurement is preferred
- Good English communications skills (read-write-speak).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- With analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Quick learner, flexible, responsible, and result-oriented and can work under pressure.
- Resourceful, driven, proactive and independent.
- Willing to take challenge and work in multi-culture work environment.
Functional area: Procurement
What we offer: there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!