A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
This Global HR Business Partner position is based in Singapore.
The Human Resources Business Partner is a senior, expert role within our HR organization, expected to be a trusted advisor for the business and a steward of the company culture.
In this specific role, partnering with the Head of Life Science Process Solutions Commercial APAC and his leadership team, you will gain a clear understanding of the relevant business strategy and operating plan and develop an HR strategy to drive business results. As a member of both the Business and Process Solutions HR leadership teams, you are responsible for translating business priorities into HR deliverables and aligning HR programs as appropriate. You will work with the business on all people-related topics, including organizational design, talent and performance management, leadership and employee development and engagement, change management, strategic workforce planning and recruiting. Typically, you will:
- Identify business goals and priorities and translate them into the development and implementation of HR related solutions
- Drive an integrated talent strategy to identify talent at all levels and ensure robust development planning and succession management
- Build an organizational strategic talent plan with a complete understanding of current and required talent, capability gaps, as well as future requirements and solutions
- Effectively align HR systems and annual processes including compensation, talent acquisition, learning and development, engagement, performance management, etc. with business needs and implement global HR solutions as appropriate
- Provide leadership coaching and feedback, acting as a “sounding board” for senior leadership on business and people priorities
- Work with leaders to initiate and implement optimal organizational structure to accomplish business objectives and leverage talent
- Work with business leaders to drive engagement and a culture of accountability and collaboration within and across organizations
- Develop, shape, and implement people strategies aligned with corporate strategies, leveraging corporate tools where available
- Understand APAC countries requirements and partner with other Regional and Local HR Business Partners to apply applicable country laws, regulations and practices to ensure appropriate communications and decision making
- Execute on priorities of the HR function, and help drive HR functional strategy implementation by being a change agent in HR and the business
- Be a critical member of the Process Solutions HR team, ensuring a high level of communication and collaboration with the manager and all other team members
- Actively contribute to Process Solutions and Life Science HR initiatives to ensure the optimal outcomes are achieved across the full Process Solutions and Life Science organizations
- Partner with the respective Regional and Local HR Business Partners on matters requiring local support or country-level expertise, or to identify and implement regional/country level solutions
- Build and maintain effective linkages across the different HR COE’s and other Corporate Functions (Finance, Communications, Business Services, etc.) to ensure design and delivery of HR solutions
- across the organization with the appropriate level of consistency
Who you are:
- BA/BS required; MBA, MA in related field preferred, 10+ years’ experience in HR, including 5+ years as HR Business Partner 5+ years combined experience in a variety of HR disciplines including organizational design, talent and performance management, leadership development, change management, strategic workforce planning, recruiting, employee relations, HR service center or compensation and benefits. High learning agility and curious mindset.
- Strong business acumen required; direct business experience a plus. Previous responsibility for a regional scope and/or international experience required. Experience coaching and advising senior leaders.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills. Highly collaborative, team player effective at building relationships. Ability to work independently and in a leadership capacity on projects and initiatives. Effective at managing competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Strong problem solving, facilitation and analytical skills. Courageous, resilient, appropriately pushing back and challenging the status quo. Strong evidence of both a strategic and hands on leadership orientation. Proficiency of the English language is required. Fluency in multiple languages a plus. The position will require travel (~20%).
What we offer: At our company, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!